Jennifer is the CEO at GRIMM, a cyber research firm headquartered in Reston, Virginia, with a holistic approach to the cybersecurity of cyber-physical (CyPhy™) systems. She is a cyber-economics strategist recognized for building cybersecurity strategies and programs for industry, government, and academia. Her expertise has been concentrated on the security of connected Cyber-Physical Systems and technologies. Her portfolio includes expertise in Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT), Smart Cities development and planning, Critical Infrastructure and Advanced Transportation Mobility, including Connected & Automated Vehicles, Aerospace, and the securing of unmanned military platforms.
Previously, Jennifer was recognized for holding the first “mobility” job in the United States, serving as the Cyber-Mobility program strategist for the State of Michigan. Jennifer’s work created the foundation for Michigan’s economic strategy to band together automotive, defense and aerospace industries with embedded systems cybersecurity, charting a new economic development path for the state. In 2018, Jennifer was voted one of SC Magazine’s “Women to Watch” in Cybersecurity and advocates for increased diversity, equity, and inclusion in the industry. She values partnerships and the need to build trust in a zero-trust world.
Jennifer volunteers with several nonprofit organizations and actively works with K12 school districts, encouraging students to embrace cybersecurity education for embedded systems and capabilities for various career paths.
- National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA), National, Washington D.C., Security Systems Engineering Sub-Committee, 2021-Present
- National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA), Michigan Chapter, Board Member – Cybersecurity Director, 2017-Present
- Advanced Manufacturing HUB (AMHUB), World Economic Forum, Cyber Manufacturing (Industry 4.0), 2020-Present
- SME, Smart Manufacturing Executive Committee, 2021-Present
- Policy Advisor, State of Michigan, Office of Future Mobility & Electrification, State of Michigan, 2021-Present